We have veterans on staff to help your family through the difficult time in preparing your veteran’s military funeral honors.
The rendering of military funeral honors is a way to show the nation’s deep gratitude to those who, in times of war and peace, have faithfully defended the country. This ceremonial paying of respect is the final demonstration a grateful nation can provide to its veterans’ families. We also assist with VA paperwork at no charge to you.
As provided by law, an honor guard detail for the burial of an eligible veteran shall consist of not less than two members of the Armed Forces. One member of the detail shall be a representative of the parent branch of service of the deceased veteran. The honor detail will, at a minimum, perform a ceremony that includes the folding and presentation of the American flag to the next of kin and the playing of taps. Taps will be played by a bugler, if available, or by electronic recording.
Who is eligible?
- Military members on active duty
- Military retirees
- Members and former members of the Selected Reserve
- Eligible U.S. veterans of any war
- Other U.S. veterans who served at least one term of enlistment and separated under conditions other than dishonorable
Who is not eligible?
- Individuals discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions
- Individuals sentenced to death or life imprisonment without parole for a federal or state capital offense
- Other explicit circumstances